Job Type: Full-time Contract
Starting Salary: £16,640.00 to £18,158.00 per year depending on prior relevant experience and qualifications, with annual increments up to £18,720.00
Established in 1995, The Lioncare School is an innovative DfES registered small S.E.M.H independent Therapeutic School in Brighton & Hove, offering special curriculum education for up to 15 young people aged 7-16 who have complex social and learning needs and display challenging behaviours.
Our practice is influenced by group relations practice and the Therapeutic Community Approach. At the heart of this approach is the idea of equality between people and of the capacity in each person to help and heal each other, and contribute to each other’s development. It places a strong emphasis on the quality of communication between people, and the connections between the help provided to individuals, and the overall task of the group.
As an essential member of the team at The Lioncare School, led by The Head Teacher and supported by the Senior Learning Support Assistant and our administration team, the successful candidate will have the necessary interpersonal skills to work with our young people on a daily basis as well as the ability to plan, coordinate, risk assess and deliver a full range of PE, educational and leisure activities on and off site.
The successful candidate must be able to follow all statutory guidelines including risk management and work with teaching and learning staff to maximise opportunities for education, engagement and enjoyment. The post holder will also take responsibility for looking after school vehicles and must be willing to drive our minibus.
- Good pay, additional bonuses, and salary progression
- Excellent training and opportunities for continuous professional development
- Effective practice support, guidance, ongoing experiential learning, and coaching
- Working in one of the country’s leading providers of accredited therapeutic childcare and education
- A supportive, caring, and understanding working environment
- Real job satisfaction
- A chance to make a real difference in the lives of children & young people
We look forward to hearing from you!