variable and flexible working hours and work patterns considered
The Lioncare Group is the operating name for Lioncare Ltd, established in 1991, and primarily concerned with therapeutic residential childcare, therapeutic special education, and therapeutically informed specialist training and learning and consultancy provision.
We currently operate three therapeutic children’s homes (Springfields opened in 1998 for children aged between 6 years and 14 years, Westfields originally opened in 2006 and re-launched in 2018 for children aged between 10 years and 16 years, and Hillfields opened in 2015 for children aged between 12 years and 18 years), The Lioncare School, an independent DfE registered SEMH school opened in 1995 for children aged between 6 years and 16 years, bespoke programmes of supported accommodation for young adult care-leavers aged 18 years and over (as and when required) comprising West House, Hill House, Portland Road and New Church Road), and a specialist training & learning & consultancy service.
The Lioncare Group is now looking for Administrators to assist us in our work across our organisation
Working in our therapeutic children’s homes and our therapeutic SEMH independent school and our central office at Lioncare House, and as part of the wider administrative team under the direction of the business manager, your role is to provide full administrative support to the leadership team in carrying out their operational tasks and duties and fully meeting their statutory and regulatory responsibilities. Your duties include the following;
- use I.C.T. systems including e-mail, Word, Excel and Google Drive to produce and manage documents and records
- deal with general enquiries
- take a proactive role in helping the homes and school function as facilitating environments, including good organisation of workspaces and supporting the business manager in undertaking effective risk assessments
- manage and record incoming and outgoing mail (including e-mail) appropriately and respond to correspondence accordingly and as directed by the registered managers
- ensure effective workflow by prioritising workload
- order and manage stationery, resource, and supplies as directed by managers
- develop and maintain effective and professional working relationships with colleagues and children
- answer telephone calls in a professional manner, monitor, screen, and keep a record of telephone calls including messages
- manage the retention of records and information in an accurate and efficient manner using the organisation’s digital records management system
- accurate minute-taking at meetings that may include confidential and sometimes upsetting material
- assist in the management and monitoring of the petty cash system, including maintaining accurate records and receipts of all petty cash incomings and outgoings
- monitoring and recording and processing annual leave and sickness information
- collect and process children’s routine outcome measures to assist in the accurate tracking of children’s progress, including the creation of graphs and diagrams for inclusion in professional reports
- assist in managing and overseeing matters relating to the vehicles owned and operated by The Lioncare Group
- maintain digital diaries
- regularly update databases
Further details about our children’s homes and our school can be found in other sections of this website.
Starting basic annual salary ranges based on a 25-hour working week1:
- £13,546.00 (£10.42 p.h.): scale-point A1 some prior experience
- £13,749.00 (£10.58 p.h.): scale-point A2 relevant experience
- £13,955.00 (£10.73 p.h): scale-point A3 substantial experience and qualification
There is potential for progression to scale-point A5 earning £14,377.00 (£11.06 p.h.).
In addition to competitive pay with clear salary progression, we also offer:
- opportunities for additional duties and bonus payments (that can significantly increase your earning potential)
- company-paid sickness allowance
- employee group healthcare scheme funded by The Lioncare Group for all employees
- initial 2-week orientation and a comprehensive 6-month basic training and induction programme
- a training package worth approx. £3,000.00 – £3,500.00 per employee
- excellent ongoing training and commitment to investing in your continuous professional development, including therapeutic models and reflective practice, leadership and management, designated safeguarding lead, and further post-graduate opportunities for the right candidate
- fully funded and supported attendance on our accredited Level 3 diploma in therapeutic childcare and education
- effective support through regular practice-based and reflective supervision, guidance, ongoing experiential learning, and coaching from both our executive team and external consultancy,
- working in one of the country’s leading providers of integrated therapeutic childcare and education
- a supportive, caring, and understanding working environment
- real job satisfaction
- a chance to make a real difference in the lives of children
In line with our Safer Recruitment Policy and Safeguarding Practice, there are no circumstances where a CV is an appropriate application method for employment with The Lioncare Group, and only a fully completed Application Form will be accepted.
References will always be followed up and any offer of employment is always subject to pre-employment checks being undertaken; these include confirmation of a satisfactory Enhanced DBS and a thorough check for any prohibitions, sanctions, and restrictions that might prevent you from taking part in certain activities or working in specific positions.
1 as per the currently published salary scales effective 16.04.23 to 15.04.24