Established in 1995, The Lioncare School is an innovative DfES registered small B.E.S.D / S.E.M.H independent Therapeutic School in Brighton & Hove, offering a special, trauma-informed curriculum for up to 17 children and young people aged 6-16 who have complex learning needs and display challenging behaviours.
The Lioncare School is looking for an experienced, passionate, and resilient Deputy Head Teacher to join us on our journey to becoming an outstanding provider of therapeutic education. Able to embrace and lead an innovative curriculum model, show commitment to developing child-focused systems, and holding high expectations, you will have proven evidence of leadership and management skills whilst also being an exceptional teacher who understands the challenges and rewards of working with vulnerable children aged from 6-16 who need a specialist attachment-aware provision. Essential personal qualities are good humour, empathy, balance and robustness; in addition a proven ability to inspire reluctant learners with complex needs, and an understanding of working with violence and aggression are all key skills for this post.
We are keen to find the right individual to join our therapeutic community and assist and support us in progressing our school and education provision to the next level.
- Salary commensurate with national pay scales, salary progression, and potential TLR available for additional responsibilities.
- Excellent training and opportunities for continuous professional development
- Effective practice support, guidance, ongoing experiential learning, and coaching
- Working in one of the country’s leading providers of therapeutic childcare and education
- A supportive, caring, and understanding working environment
- Real job satisfaction
- A chance to make a real difference in the lives of children