38.75 hours per week working Mondays to Fridays term-time
The Lioncare Group is the operating name for Lioncare Ltd, established in 1991, and primarily concerned with therapeutic residential childcare, therapeutic special education, and therapeutically informed specialist training and learning and consultancy provision.
Established in 1995, The Lioncare School is an innovative DfES registered, small independent S.E.M.H therapeutic school in the city of Brighton & Hove, offering a special, trauma-informed curriculum for up to 17 children aged 6-16 who have complex learning needs and who require substantial positive behaviour and relational support in order to access learning and achieve in education.
The Lioncare School is now looking for Therapeutic Support Assistants.
The Role of The Therapeutic Support Assistant
A therapeutic support assistant is a member both of the therapeutic support team of The Lioncare School and of the frontline care and support team of the wider organisation of The Lioncare Group. They work collaboratively with and under the instruction and guidance of special needs class teachers (in the classroom setting) and the therapeutic support team manager (in the wider setting of the school and workplace).
Therapeutic support assistants create and maintain the conditions necessary for learning to take place. They grow their understanding of each child’s individual emotional and social and learning difficulties and needs, and those of the class group as a whole. They use this understanding to adapt the learning environment and the way and pace that learning is delivered, to address barriers to and promote engagement in learning and teaching, and so that each child and the class group as a whole gain maximum benefit from their teacher’s delivery of the curriculum.
Further details about The Lioncare School can be found in the school section of this website.
Starting basic annual salary ranges based on a 38.75-hour working week1:
- £20,996.00 (£10.42 p.h.): scale-point TSA1 relevant prior experience and training
- £21,319.00 (£10.58 p.h.): scale-point TSA2 substantial prior experience and training
There is potential for progression to scale-point TSA3 earning £21,621.00 (£10.73 p.h.). Additional pay can be earned through undertaking shift-working in the role of childcare worker or waking night worker in our therapeutic children’s homes during school holidays and public holidays when the school is closed.
In addition to competitive pay with clear salary progression, we also offer:
- opportunities for additional duties and bonus payments (that can significantly increase your earning potential)
- company-paid sickness allowance
- employee group healthcare scheme funded by The Lioncare Group for all employees
- initial 2-week orientation and a comprehensive 6-month basic training and induction programme
- a training package worth approx. £3,000.00 – £3,500.00 per employee
- excellent ongoing training and commitment to investing in your continuous professional development, including therapeutic models and reflective practice, learning and classroom support, and further post-graduate opportunities for the right candidate
- fully funded and supported attendance on our accredited Level 3 diploma in therapeutic childcare and education
- effective support through regular practice-based and reflective supervision, guidance, ongoing experiential learning, and coaching from both our executive team and external consultants.
- working in one of the country’s leading providers of integrated therapeutic childcare and education
- a supportive, caring, and understanding working environment
- real job satisfaction
- a chance to make a real difference in the lives of children
In line with our Safer Recruitment Policy and Safeguarding Practice, there are no circumstances where a CV is an appropriate application method for employment with The Lioncare Group, and only a fully completed Application Form will be accepted.
References will always be followed up and any offer of employment is always subject to pre-employment checks being undertaken; these include confirmation of a satisfactory Enhanced DBS and a thorough check for any prohibitions, sanctions, and restrictions that might prevent you from taking part in certain activities or working in specific positions
1 as per the currently published salary scales effective 16.04.23 to 15.04.24