Welcome to The Lioncare Group. We have provided Therapeutic Residential Care & Specialist Education since 1991. We pride ourselves in giving children & young people a whole experience of “good enough” care & nurture within a homely environment that allows them space to resolve past difficulties & develop their true potentials.
We value all our employees and recognise they are the most valuable asset we have in ensuring we provide the children and young people in our care with the best provision and experience possible.
We aim to attract and retain the best people and are committed to providing career development opportunities for all our employees. From the day they commence employment, employees are encouraged to become involved in the growth and development of The Lioncare Group and are encouraged to share ideas, opinions and assist in aspects of the planning and delivery of projects. We operate a number of formal and informal forums for the exchange of information, enabling employees to develop their careers and to really feel that they have a say in how things are done and a stake in the success of the company.
We have adopted the Therapeutic Community Approach and Systems Psychodynamics as our practice model. At the heart of this approach is the idea of equality between people and of the capacity in each of person to help and heal each other, and to contribute to each other’s development. It places a strong emphasis on the quality of communication between people, and on the connections between the help provided to individuals and the overall task with the whole group. The success of therapeutic work in a group setting ultimately depends on everyone in the place being willing and able to engage with each other in working at the real issues. Therefore, the key areas we are constantly attempting to nurture are the ability to be honest, open and reliable with each other, and willing to find ways to communicate difficulties and problems more effectively and to take responsibility for our own actions whilst employed by The Lioncare Group.
We have attempted to incorporate the guiding principles of The Therapeutic Community Approach in all aspects of the work carried out by The Lioncare Group, and in all areas of our operation. This includes the policies, procedures, and benefits relating to employees of The Lioncare Group. At the same time, we recognise that The Lioncare Group is a business and that we have legal responsibilities and statutory obligations to fulfil. We expect all employees to maintain agreed standards, and in return they can expect us to manage them, and the company, effectively. We achieve this with The Employee Handbook and other similar documents.
Our experience has taught us that personal qualities, skills and abilities are more important than qualifications. We welcome applicants from all areas of the community, and particularly from black and Asian communities.
What we offer….
- A chance to make a real difference to the lives of the children
- A chance to gain real job satisfaction.
- Competitive salary scales.
- Commitment to professional and personal development through extensive training.
- Homely working environments joining a dedicated multidisciplinary team.
- Opportunities to develop your understanding of Therapeutic Child Care and Education.
- Excellent training opportunities including:
- Initial orientation
- Ongoing Basic and essential Training Programme
- The Lioncare Level 3 Diploma in Therapeutic Child Care & Education (accredited by Laser Learning Awards and can lead to the CACHE Level 3 Diploma for Residential Child Care)
- W.A.V.E. Physical Intervention (Working with Aggression and Violence and Effectively)
- Safe Environments Training (accredited by the British Safety Council)
- Safeguarding Training (basic, advanced, management, and learning environments)
- Autism Awareness
- Restorative Practice
- Understanding Developmental Trauma
- Post Graduate Certificate / Diploma / Masters in Pyschodynamic Approaches to Working with Adolescents (Tavistock & Portman NHS Foundation Trust / university of East London)
- Level 5 Leadership & Management Award
- Introduction to Supervision
- The Lioncare/Norman Mark Training Intensive Management Programme
- Other training agreed as relevant to specific roles and responsibilities