Working mainly in our Independent SEMH School, your role is to take ownership and responsibility for ensuring the whole School environment (including vehicles) is experienced as being a safe, clean, and well-maintained space and place in which all can learn and work, and encourage others to do the same by being an active and engaged member of the Whole School Community.
- Assist the Deputy Head Teacher and the Administration Team in monitoring and carrying out effective Health & Safety practices and procedures, ensuring Health & Safety related supplies are available, and that recognised and agreed systems for Safe Working Practice are being followed.
- Assist in highlighting, reporting, and where possible repairing damage to the School environment in line with recognised policy and procedures.
- Safely transport children and colleagues to and from activities and events using the School Minibus and vehicles and adhering to the relevant and associated policy and procedure and best practice around this.
- Coordinate the maintenance and cleanliness of all vehicles owned and operated by the School.
- Support others in maintaining the School environment as a comfortable place in which everyone can learn and achieve and work and progress.
- Actively engage in activities with all groups and involve the children in looking after their School.
- On occasion and during periods of high demand, assist the Administrative Team in carrying out and completing aspects of their duties and tasks in accordance with the competence of the position of School Keeper.
- On occasion and in line with the Whole School Risk Assessment, be available to support classes, activities, and events, and including assisting where asked to do so in witnessing and/or supporting the safe and effective management of challenging behaviour presented by children.
- Be able and prepared to engage fully in relevant and necessary training and coaching.
Starting basic salary range (based on a 20 hr working week): £9,069.00 – £9,360.00 (£8.72 – £9.00 per hour) depending on prior experience + potential for additional duties allowances. Full Orientation & Induction programme provided. Commitment to continuing learning & development opportunities throughout your career including attendance on our own accredited Level 3 Diploma in Therapeutic Child Care & Education and other courses.