Working in our Therapeutic Homes and supporting children attending our Therapeutic School, your role is to support and line manage and supervise and guide the practice of your colleagues in the team, and coordinate and effectively manage each shift. You will work collaboratively with the Homes Deputy Manager and Registered Manager and be part of the Management Team of the Home, ensuring that the Home is run and operated safely and in compliance with requirements of legislation and regulation, and that the Children living in the Home are cared for and educated to the highest standards, and that they make progress and thrive.
To achieve this, you will;
- Effectively and appropriately assist in aspects of managing, leading, monitoring, and developing the Therapeutic Children’s Home in which you are based.
- Share appropriate and delegated responsibility for improving the therapeutic care and education provision offered, and promoting all aspects of the Home as a ‘facilitating environment’ conducive to therapeutic thinking and practice.
- Involve yourself helping to implement the Home’s agreed Improvement Plan to ensure continual development of the Quality of Care provided by the Home.
- Offer and provide appropriate and necessary support to the Deputy Manager and Registered Manager, and where necessary to other Managers, the Head Teacher and members of the Executive Team.
Accept delegated responsibility for relevant aspects of recruitment, staffing, legislation, managing financial processes, and efficient use of resources.
- Support colleagues in meeting the emotional, safeguarding, social, psychological, educational, and academic needs of the children looked after by the Home and across the whole of The Lioncare Group.
- Appropriately liaise and interact with all colleagues across the organisation and wider external networks to ensure effective communication & promote positive and harmonious working relationships.
Starting basic salary range:
- £23,140.00 [£11.12 per hour] (new to the role)
- £23,603.00 [£11.35 per hour] (some prior experience in the role)
- £24,075.00 [£11.57 per hour] (regular prior experience in the role)
- £24,556.00 [£11.81 per hour] (substantial prior experience & qualifications – discretionary)
- Additional duties payments
- Special bank-holiday bonus
- Regular salary progression currently up to £25,293.00 [£12.16 per hour].
- Full Orientation & Induction programme provided.
- Extensive training offered.
- Commitment to continuing learning & development opportunities throughout your career including attendance on our own accredited Level 3 Diploma in Therapeutic Child Care & Education and other courses, and opportunities to study for a post-graduate qualification