Established in 1995, The Lioncare School is an innovative DfES registered, independent S.E.M.H Therapeutic School in Brighton & Hove, offering a special, trauma-informed curriculum for up to 17 children and young people aged 6-16 who have complex learning needs and who require substantial positive behavior and relational support in order to access learning.
The Lioncare School is looking for an passionate and resilient teacher to join us on our journey to becoming an outstanding provider of therapeutic education. Able to embrace an innovative curriculum model, child-centered systems and holding high expectations you will be an exceptional teacher who understands the challenges and rewards of working with vulnerable children aged from 6-16 who need specialist, attachment-aware provision. Essential personal qualities are good humour, empathy, balance and robustness; in addition a proven ability to inspire reluctant learners with complex needs, and an understanding of working with violence and aggression are all key skills for this post.
We are keen to find the right individual to join our therapeutic community and therefore we are looking for either:
- An experienced SEND Key Stage Four practitioner capable of supporting learners with their transition to Post 16 provision through effective advice and guidance and the delivery of suitable qualifications, up to, and including, GCSE.
- A creative and resilient Key Stage Three teacher with substantial experience in working through challenging behaviors to promote excellent progress in key skills.
We would also welcome applications from experienced Upper Key Stage Two teachers looking to challenge and develop their skills.
- Good pay, and salary progression
- Excellent training and opportunities for continuous professional development
- Effective practice support, guidance, ongoing experiential learning, and coaching
- Working in one of the country’s leading providers of accredited therapeutic childcare and education
- A supportive, caring, and understanding working environment
- Real job satisfaction
- A chance to make a real difference in the lives of children & young people