from 8-40 hours per week shift-working
The Lioncare Group is the operating name for Lioncare Ltd, established in 1991, and primarily concerned with therapeutic residential childcare, therapeutic special education, and therapeutically informed specialist training and learning and consultancy provision.
We currently operate three therapeutic children’s homes (Springfields opened in 1998 for children aged between 6 years and 14 years, Westfields originally opened in 2006 and re-launched in 2018 for children aged between 10 years and 16 years, and Hillfields opened in 2015 for children aged between 12 years and 18 years), The Lioncare School, an independent DfE registered SEMH school opened in 1995 for children aged between 6 years and 16 years, bespoke programmes of supported accommodation for young adult care-leavers aged 18 years and over (as and when required) comprising West House, Hill House, Portland Road and New Church Road), and a specialist training & learning & consultancy service.
The Lioncare Group is now looking for Therapeutic Carers to join our teams in our children’s homes
Working in our therapeutic children’s homes and supporting children attending our therapeutic SEMH independent school, your role is to meet the everyday and complex needs of the children in our care and help them manage their sometimes challenging behaviours, support them in understanding and managing their conflicted emotions and behaviours, work collaboratively with your colleagues and managers and other professionals to achieve the agreed outcomes for each child and within a group-living setting, and offer each child and the group as a whole real and meaningful experience of living, relating, and learning.
Further details about each children’s home can be found in the therapeutic residential care section of this website.
Starting basic annual salary ranges based on a 40-hour working week1:
- £21,993.00 (£10.57 p.h.): scale-point TC1 limited prior experience in the role
- £22,433.00 (£10.79 p.h.): scale-point TC2 some prior experience in the role
- £22,881.00 (£11.00 p.h): scale-point TC3 regular prior experience in the role
- £23,339.00 (£11.22 p.h.): scale-point TC4 substantial prior experience & qualifications (discretionary)
There is potential for progression to scale-point TC9 earning £25,768.00 (£12.39 p.h.). All scale-point levels can also earn up to approx. £2,489.00 in additional pay through undertaking sleep-in and special bank holiday duties.
In addition to competitive pay with clear salary progression, we also offer:
- opportunities for additional duties and bonus payments (that can significantly increase your earning potential)
- company-paid sickness allowance
- employee group healthcare scheme funded by The Lioncare Group for all employees
- initial 2-week orientation and a comprehensive 6-month basic training and induction programme
- a training package worth approx. £3,000.00 – £3,500.00 per employee
- excellent ongoing training and commitment to investing in your continuous professional development, including therapeutic models and reflective practice, leadership and management, designated safeguarding lead, and further post-graduate opportunities for the right candidate
- fully funded and supported attendance on our accredited Level 3 diploma in therapeutic childcare and education
- effective support through regular practice-based and reflective supervision, guidance, ongoing experiential learning, and coaching from both our executive team and external consultancy,
- working in one of the country’s leading providers of integrated therapeutic childcare and education
- a supportive, caring, and understanding working environment
- real job satisfaction
- a chance to make a real difference in the lives of children
In line with our Safer Recruitment Policy and Safeguarding Practice, there are no circumstances where a CV is an appropriate application method for employment with The Lioncare Group, and only a fully completed Application Form will be accepted.
References will always be followed up and any offer of employment is always subject to pre-employment checks being undertaken; these include confirmation of a satisfactory Enhanced DBS and a thorough check for any prohibitions, sanctions, and restrictions that might prevent you from taking part in certain activities or working in specific positions
1 as per the currently published salary scales effective 16.04.23 to 15.04.24